- Galen, B.R. & Underwood, M.K. (1997). A developmental investigation of social aggression among children. Developmental Psychology, 33, 589–600.
- Horn, S.S. (2003). Adolescents’ reasoning about exclusion from social groups. Developmental Psychology, 39, 71–84.
- Killen, M. (1997). Culture, self, and development: Are cultural templates useful or stereotypical? Developmental Review, 17, 239–249.
- Killen, M., & Wainryb, C. (2000). Independence and interdependence in diverse cultural contexts. In S. Harkness and C. Raeff (Eds.), Individualism and collectivism as cultural contexts for development (New Directions for Child Development, vol. 87). San Francisco: Jossey‐Bass, Inc.
- Killen, M., Lee‐Kim, J., McGlothlin, H., & Stangor, C. (2002). How children and adolescents evaluate gender and racial exclusion. Monograph of the Society for Research in Child Development, 67 (4, Serial No. 271).
- Maccoby, E.E. (1990). Gender and relationships: A developmental account. American Psychologist, 45, 513–520.
- Maccoby, E.E. (1998). The two sexes: Growing up apart, coming together. Cambridge, MA: Belknap Press of Harvard University Press.
- Ruble, D.N., & Martin, C. (1998). Gender development. In W. Damon (Series Ed.), Handbook of child psychology, 5th ed. Socialization (pp. 933–1016) (Vol. Ed., N. Eisenberg). New York: Wiley.
- Thorne, B. (1986). Girls and boys together but mostly apart: Gender arrangements in elementary schools. In W.W. Hartup & Z. Rubin (Eds.), Relationships and development (pp. 167–184). Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum.
- Thorne B. (1993). Gender play: Girls and boys in school. New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press.
- Thorne, B. & Luria, Z. (1986). Sexuality and gender in children’s daily worlds. Social Problems, 33, 176–190.
- Underwood, M.K., Galen, B.R. & Paquette, J.A. (2001). Top ten challenges for understanding aggression and gender: Why can’t we all just get along? Social Development, 10, 248–266.
Stacey S. Horn, Department of Educational Psychology
Coll. of Education, MC 147, Univ. of Illinois at Chicago
1040 W. Harrison St., Chicago, IL 60607 (USA)
Tel. +1 312 413 3679, Fax +1 312 996 5651
Number of Print Pages : 7
Number of Figures : 0, Number of Tables : 0, Number of References : 12
Founded 1958 as ‘Vita Humana’ by H. Thomae
Vol. 47, No. 5, Year 2004 (Cover Date: September-October 2004)
Journal Editor: G. Saxe, Berkeley, Calif.
ISSN: 0018–716X (print), 1423–0054 (Online)
For additional information: http://www.karger.com/hde
Copyright / Drug Dosage
Copyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher or, in the case of photocopying, direct payment of a specified fee to the Copyright Clearance Center.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in goverment regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.