To view the fulltext, please log in
To view the pdf, please log in
Copyright / Drug Dosage
Copyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher or, in the case of photocopying, direct payment of a specified fee to the Copyright Clearance Center.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in goverment regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.
- Georgiades CS, Neyman EG, Francis IR, Sneider MB, Fishman EK: Typical and atypical presentations of extramedullary hemopoiesis. Am J Roentgenol 2002;179:1239–1243.
- Koch CA, Li CY, Mesa RA, Tefferi A: Nonhepatosplenic extramedullary hematopoiesis: associated diseases, pathology, clinical course, and treatment. Mayo Clin Proc 2003;78:1223–1233.
- Saenz-Santamaria J, Catalina-Fernandez I: Fine needle aspiration diagnosis of extramedullary hematopoiesis resembling mediastinal and paravesical tumors: a report of 2 cases. Acta Cytol 2004;48:95–98.
- Kim EE, DeLand FH: Mylofibrosis presenting as hypermetabolic bone disease by radionuclide imaging in a patient with asplenia. Clin Nucl Med 1978;3:406–408.
- Chanet V, Tournilhac O, Dieu-Bellamy V, Boiret N, Spitz P, Baud O, Darcha C, Travade P, Laurichesse H: Isolated spleen agenesis: a rare cause of thrombocytosis mimicking essential thrombocythemia. Haematologica 2000;85:1211–1213.
- Joyce RA, O’Donnell J, Sanghvi J, Westerman MP: Asplenia and abnormal neutrophil kinetics in chronic idiopathic neutrophilia. Am J Med 1980;69:633–636.
- Barosi G, Baraldi A, Cazzola M, Fortunato A, Palestra P, Polino G, Ramella S, Spriano P: Polycythaemia following splenectomy in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia. A reorganization of erythropoiesis. Scand J Haematol 1984;32:12–18.
- Barosi G, Ambrosetti A, Centra A, Falcone A, Finelli C, Foa P, Grossi A, Guarnone R, Rupoli S, Luciano L, Petti MC, Pogliani E, Russo D, Ruggeri M, Quaglini S: Splenectomy and risk of blast transformation in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia. Blood 1998;91:3630–3636.
- Shih-Ching K, Choudhry MA, Matsutani T, Schwacha MG, Rue LW, Bland KI, Chaudry IH: Splenectomy differentially influences immune responses in various tissue compartments of the body. Cytokine 2004;28:101–108.
- Le Bousse-Kerdiles MC, Martyre MC: Involvement of the fibrogenic cytokines, TGF-beta and bFGF, in the pathogenesis of idiopathic myelofibrosis. Pathol Biol (Paris) 2001;49:153–157.
- Reilly JT: Idiopathic myelofibrosis: pathogenesis to treatment. Hematol Oncol 2006;24:56–63.
- Gibbins J, Pankhurst T, Murray J, McCafferty I, Baiden-Amissahk K, Shafeek S, Lipkin GW: Extramedullary haematopoiesis in the kidney: a case report and review of literature. Clin Lab Haematol 2005;27:391–394.
- Palestro CJ, Finn C: Indium-111-leukocyte imaging in Gaucher’s disease. J Nucl Med 1993;34:818–820.
- Landolfi R, Colosimo C Jr, De Candia E, Castellana MA, De Cristofaro R, Trodella L, Leone G: Meningeal hematopoiesis causing exophthalmus and hemiparesis in myelofibrosis: effect of radiotherapy. A case report. Cancer 1988;62:2346–2349.
- Cunningham JJ: Lymphographic appearance of nodal extramedullary hematopoiesis simulating lymphoma. Lymphology 1977;10:216–218.
- Beckman EN, Oehrle JS: Fibrous hematopoietic tumors arising in agnogenic myeloid metaplasia. Hum Pathol 1982;13:804–810.
- Loewy G, Mathew A, Distenfeld A: Skin manifestation of agnogenic myeloid metaplasia. Am J Hematol 1994;45:167–170.
- DiBella NJ, Silverstein MN, Hoagland HC: Effect of splenectomy on teardrop-shaped erythrocytes in agnogenic myeloid metaplasia. Arch Intern Med 1977;137:380–381.
- Farolino DL, Rustagi PK, Currie MS, Doeblin TD, Logue GL: Teardrop-shaped red cells in autoimmune hemolytic anemia. Am J Hematol 1986;21:415–418.