To view the fulltext, please log in
To view the pdf, please log in
Copyright / Drug Dosage
Copyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher or, in the case of photocopying, direct payment of a specified fee to the Copyright Clearance Center.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in goverment regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.
- Hladik CM, Charles-Dominique P: The behavior and ecology of the sportive lemur (Lepilemur mustelinus) in relation to its dietary peculiarities; in Hladik CM, Charles-Dominique P (eds): Prosimian Biology. Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh Press, 1974, pp 23–37.
- Russell RJ: The Behavior, Ecology and Environmental Physiology of a Nocturnal Primate, Lepilemur mustelinus (Strepsirhini, Lemuriformes, Lepilemuridae); PhD thesis, Duke University, Durham, 1977.
- Nash L: Vertical clingers and sleepers: Seasonal influences on the activities and substrate use of Lepilemur leucopus at Beza Mahafaly Special Reserve, Madagascar. Folia Primatol 1998;69(suppl 1):204–217.
- Schmid J, Ganzhorn JU: Resting metabolic rates of Lepilemur ruficaudatus. Am J Primatol 1996;38:169–174.
- Cork SJ: Digestive constraints on dietary scope in small and moderately small mammals: How much do we really understand? in Chivers DJ, Langer P (eds): The Digestive System of Mammals: Food, Form and Function. Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1994, pp 337–369.
- Kay RF: On the use of anatomical features to infer foraging behavior in extinct primates; in Rodman PS, Cant JGH (eds): Adaptations for Foraging in Nonhuman Primates: Contributions to an Organismal Biology of Prosimians, Monkeys and Apes. New York, Columbia University Press, 1984.
- Albignac R: Lemurine social and territorial organization in a north-western Malagasy forest (restricted area of Ampijoroa): in Chiarelli AB, Corruccini RS (eds): Primate Behavior and Sociobiology. Berlin, Springer, 1981, pp 25–29.
- Ratsirarson J, Rumpler Y: Contribution à l’étude comparée de l’éco-éthologie de deux espèces de lémuriens; in Rakotovao L, Barre V, Sayer J (eds): L’équilibre des écosystèmes forestiers à Madagascar. Actes d’un séminaire international. Gland, IUCN, 1988, pp 100–102.
- Ganzhorn JU: Food partitioning among Malagasy primates. Oecologia 1988;75:436–450.
- Ganzhorn JU: Flexibility and constraints of Lepilemur ecology; in Kappeler PM, Ganzhorn JU (eds): Lemur Social Systems and Their Ecological Basis. New York, Plenum Press, 1993, pp 153–165.
- Ganzhorn JU: Some aspects of the natural history and food selection of Avahi laniger. Primates 1985;26: 452–463.
- Harcourt C: Diet and behavior of a nocturnal lemur, Avahi laniger, in the wild. J Zool Lond 1991;223: 667–674.
- Newton I: The role of nest sites in limiting the numbers of hole-nesting birds: A review. Biol Conserv 1994; 70:265–276.
- Wright PC: Demography and life history of free-ranging Propithecus diadema edwardsi in Ranomafana National Park, Madagascar. Int J Primatol 1995;16:835–854.
- White FJ, Overdorff DJ, Balko EA, Wright PC: Distribution of ruffed lemurs (Varecia variegata) in Ranomafana National Park, Madagascar. Folia Primatol 1995;64:124–131.
- Glander KE, Wright PC, Daniels PS, Merlenlender AM: Morphometrics and testicle size of rain forest lemur species from southeastern Madagascar. J Hum Evol 1992;22:1–17.
- Rowe N: The Pictorial Guide to the Living Primates. New York, Pogonias Press, 1996.
- Mittermeier RA, Tattersall I, Konstant WR, Meyers DM, Mast RB, Nash SD: Lemurs of Madagascar. Washington, Conservation International, 1994.
- Harcourt C, Thornback J: Lemurs of Madagascar and the Comoros: The IUCN Red Data Book. Gland and Cambridge, IUCN, 1990.