To view the fulltext, please log in
To view the pdf, please log in
Copyright / Drug Dosage
Copyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher or, in the case of photocopying, direct payment of a specified fee to the Copyright Clearance Center.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in goverment regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.
- Pritchard JB, Miller DS: Mechanisms mediating renal secretion of organic anions and cations. Physiol Rev 1993;73:765–796.
- Pritchard JB: Coupled transport of p–aminohippurate by rat kidney basolateral membrane vesicles. Am J Physiol 1988;255:F597–F604.
- Shimada H, Moewes B, Burckhardt G: Indirect coupling to Na+ of p–aminohippuric acid uptake into rat renal basolateral membrane vesicles. Am J Physiol 1987;253:F795–F801.
- Ullrich KJ: Renal transporters for organic anions and organic cations. Structural requirements for substrates. J Membr Biol 1997;158: 95–107.
- Sekine T, Watanabe N, Hosoyamada M, Kanai N, Endou H: Expression cloning and characterization of a novel multispecific organic anion transporter. J Biol Chem 1997;272:18526– 18529.
- Sweet DH, Wolff NA, Pritchard JB: Expression cloning and characterization of ROAT1. J Biol Chem 1997;272:30088–30095.
- Wolff NA, Werner A, Burkhardt S, Burckhardt G: Expression cloning and characterization of a renal organic anion transporter from winter flounder. FEBS Lett 1997;417:287–291.
- Koepsell H: Organic cation transporters in intestine, kidney, liver, and brain. Annu Rev Physiol 1998;60:243–266.
- Frohman MA, Dush MK, Martin GR: Rapid production of full–length cDNAs from rare transcripts. Amplification using a single gene–specific oligonucleotide primer. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1988;85:8998–9002.
- Harvey RJ, Vreudgenhill E, Zaman SH, Bhandal NS, Usherwood PNR, Barnard EA, Darlison MG: Sequence of a functional invertebrate GABAA receptor subunit which can form a chimeric receptor with a vertebrate a subunit. EMBO J 1991;10:3239–3245.
- Dautzenberg FM, Dietrich K, Palchaudhuri MR, Spiess J: Identification of two corticotropin–releasing factor receptors from Xenopus laevis with high ligand selectivity: Unusual pharmacology of the type 1 receptor. J Neurochem 1997;69:1640–1649.
- von Heijne G: Membrane protein structure prediction, hydrophobicity analysis and the positive–inside rule. J Mol Biol 1992;225:487– 494.
- Lopez–Nieto CE, You GF, Bush KT, Barros EJG, Beier DR, Nigam SK: Molecular cloning and characterization of NKT, a gene product related to the organic cation transporter family that is almost exclusively expressed in the kidney. J Biol Chem 1997;272:6471–6478.
- Roch–Ramel F, Guisan B, Schild L: Indirect coupling of urate and p–aminohippurate transport to sodium in human brush–border membrane vesicles. Am J Physiol 1996;270:F61– F68.