To view the fulltext, please log in
To view the pdf, please log in
Copyright / Drug Dosage
Copyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher or, in the case of photocopying, direct payment of a specified fee to the Copyright Clearance Center.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in goverment regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.
- Ravi R, Dearnaley DP, Hendry WF: Carcinoma of the Penis; in Whitfield HN, Hendry WF, Kirby RS, Duckett JW (eds): Textbook of Genitourinary Surgery. Oxford, Blackwell Science, 1998, pp 1269–1278.
- Lynch D Jr, Schellhammer PF: Tumours of the Penis; in Walsh PC, Retik AB, Vaughan ED Jr, Wein AJ (eds): Campbell’s Urology. Philadelphia, Saunders, 1998, pp 2453–2485.
- Sufrin G, Huben R: Benign and Malignant Lesions of the Penis; in Gillenwater JY, Grayhack JT, Howards SS, Duckett JW (eds): Adult and Pediatric Urology. St. Louis, Mosby Yearbook, 1995, pp 1997–2042.
- McDougal WS, Kirchner FK Jr, Edwards RH, Killion LT: Treatment of carcinoma of the penis: The case for primary lymphadenectomy. J Urol 1986;151:38–41.
- Narayana AS, Olney LE, Loening SA, et al: Carcinoma of the penis: Analysis of 219 cases. Cancer 1982;49:2185.
- Hardner GJ, Bhanalaph T, Murphy GP, et al: Carcinoma of the penis: Analysis of therapy in 100 consecutive cases. J Urol 1972;108:428–430.
- Austoni E, Fenice O, Kartalas Goumas Y, Colombo F, Mantovani F, Pisani E: New trends in the surgical treatment of penile carcinoma. Arch Ital Urol Androl 1996;68(3):163–168.
- Mohs FE, Snow SN, Messing EM, Kuglitsch ME: Microscopically controlled surgery in the treatment of carcinoma of the penis. J Urol 1985;133:961.
- Rothenberger KH: Value of the neodymium-YAG laser in the therapy of penile carcinoma. Eur Urol 1986;12(suppl 1):34–36.
- Rothenberger KH, Hofstetter A: Laser therapy of penile carcinoma. Urologe A 1994;33(4):291–294.
- Von Eschenbach AC, Johnson DE, Wishnow KI, et al: Results of laser therapy for carcinoma of the penis: Organ preservation. Prog Clin Biol Res 1991;370:407–412.
- Ornellas AA, Seixas ALC, Marota A, et al: Surgical treatment of invasive squamous cell carcinoma of the penis: Retrospective analysis of 350 cases. J Urol 1994;151:1244–1249.
- Wajsman Z, Moore R, Merrin C, et al: Surgical treatment of penile cancer: A follow-up report. Cancer 1977;40:1697.
- Luciani L, Piscioli F, Scappini P, Pusiol T: Value and role of percutaneous regional node aspiration cytology in the management of penile carcinoma. Eur Urol 1984;10(5):294–302.
- Scappini P, Piscioli F, Pusiol T, Hofstetter A, Rothenberger K, Luciani L: Penile cancer. Aspiration cytology for staging. Cancer 1986;58(7):1526–1533.
- Ravi R: Morbidity following groin dissection for penile carcinoma. Br J Urol 1993;72:941–945.
- Ornellas AA, Seixas ALC, deMoraes JR: Analyses of 200 lymphadenectomies in patients with penile carcinoma. J Urol 1991;146:330–332.
- Martin Martinez JC, Herranz Amo F, Jara Rascon C, Subira Castrillon C, Gonzalez Chamorro F, Hernandez Fernandez C: Complications of inguinal lymphadenectomy for penile carcinoma. Origin, management and prevention. Actas Urol Esp 1995;19(10):759–771.
- Johnson DE, Lo RK: Management of regional lymph nodes in penile carcinoma. Five year results following therapeutic groin dissection. Urology 1984;24:308–311.
- Kulkarini JN, Kamat MR: Prophylactic bilateral groin dissection versus prophylactic radiotherapy and surveillance in patients with N0 and N1-2 carcinoma of the penis. Eur Urol 1994;26:123–128.
- Ricos Torrent JV, Ramon Borja JC, Iborra Juan I, Monros Lliso JL, Dumont Martinez R, Solsona Narbon E: Locoregional treatment of carcinoma of the penis. Arch Esp Urol 1991;44(6):677–682.
- Srinivas V, Morse MJ, Herr HW, Sogani PC, Whitmore WF Jr: Penile cancer: Relation of extent of nodal metastasis to survival. J Urol 1987;137:880–882.
- Ravi R: Correlation between the extent of nodal involvement and survival following groin dissection for carcinoma of the penis. Br J Urol 1993;72:880–882.
- Catalona WJ: Role of lymphadenectomy in carcinoma of the penis. Urol Clin North Am 1980;7:785–792.
- Ravi R: Prophylactic lymphadenectomy vs observation vs inguinal biopsy in lymph-node negative patients with invasive carcinoma of the penis. Jpn J Clin Oncol 1993;23:53–58.
- Horneblas S, van Tinteen H, Delemarre JF, et al: Squamous cell carcinoma of the penis. III. Treatment of regional lymph nodes. J Urol 1993;149:492–497.
- Cubilla AL, Barreto J, Caballero C, Ayala G, Riveros M: Pathological features of epidermoid carcinoma of the penis. Am J Surg Pathol 1993;17:753–763.
- Cabanas RM: An approach for the treatment of penile carcinoma. Cancer 1977;39:456–466.
- Ravi R, Shrivastava BR, Mallikarjuna VS: Inguinal pick in invasive penile carcinoma: Can it stage node negative patients? Arch Esp Urol 1991;44:1123–1126.
- Catalona WJ: Modified inguinal lymphadenectomy for carcinoma of the penis with preservation of saphenous veins: Technique and preliminary results. J Urol 1988;140:836.
- Perinetti EP, Crane DB, Catalona WJ: Unreliability of sentinel node biopsy for staging penile carcinoma. J Urol 1980;124:734–735.
- Wespes E, Simon J, Schulman CC: Cabanas approach: Is sentinel lymph node biopsy reliable for staging penile carcinoma? Urology 1986;28:278–279.
- Lopes A, Rossi BM, Fonseca FP, Morini S: Unreliability of modified inguinal lymphadenectomy for clinical staging of penile carcinoma. Cancer 1996;77(10):2099–2102.
- Blum RH, Carter SK, Agre K: A clinical review of bleomycin – a new antineoplastic agent. Cancer 1973;31:903–914.
- Ichikawa T: Chemotherapy of penis carcinoma. Recent Results Cancer Res 1977;60:140–156.
- Ahmed T, Sklaroff R, Yagoda A: Sequential trials of methotrexate, cisplatin and bleomycin for penile cancer. J Urol 1984;132:465–468.
- Meyers PF: Penile cancer chemotherapy: Recent results. Cancer Res 1983;85:143–147.
- Sklaroff RB, Yagoda A: Cis-diamminedichloride platinum II (DDP) in the treatment of penile carcinoma. Cancer 1979;44:1563–1565.
- Gagliano RG, Blumenstein BA, Crawford ED, et al: Cis-diamminedichloroplatinum in the treatment of advanced epidermoid carcinoma of the penis: A Southwest Oncology Group study. J Urol 1989;141:66–67.
- Pizzocaro G, Piva L: Adjuvant and neoadjuvant vincristine, bleomycin and methotrexate for inguinal metastases from squamous cell carcinoma of the penis. Acta Oncol 1988;15:823–824.
- Garnik MB, Skarin AT, Steele GD Jr: Metastatic carcinoma of the penis: Complete remission after high-dose methotrexate chemotherapy. J Urol 1979;122:265–266.
- Sklaroff R, Yagoda A: Methotrexate in the treatment of penile carcinoma. Cancer 1980;45:214–216.
- Garnick MB, Skarin AT, Steele GD Jr: Metastatic carcinoma of the penis: Complete remission after high dose methotrexate chemotherapy. J Urol 1979;122(2):265–266.
- Hussein AM, Benedetto P, Sridhar KS: Chemotherapy with cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil for penile and urethral squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer 1990;65:433–438.
- Shammas F, Ous S, Fossa SD: Cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil in advanced cancer of the penis. J Urol 1992;147:630–632.
- Dexeus FH, Logothetis CJ, Sella A, et al: Combination chemotherapy with methotrexate, bleomycin and cisplatin for advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the male genital tract. J Urol 1991;146:1284–1287.