To view the fulltext, please log in
To view the pdf, please log in
Copyright / Drug Dosage
Copyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher or, in the case of photocopying, direct payment of a specified fee to the Copyright Clearance Center.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in goverment regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.
- Chang AC, Atz AM, Wernovsky G, Burke RP, Wessel DL: Milrinone: systemic and pulmonary hemodynamic effects in neonates after cardiac surgery. Crit Care Med 1995;23:1907–1914.
- Danhaive O, Margossian R, Geva T, Kourembanas S: Pulmonary hypertension and right ventricular dysfunction in growth-restricted, extremely low birth weight neonates. J Perinatol 2005;25:495-49-9.
- Bassler D, Choong K, McNamara P, Kirpalani H: Neonatal persistent pulmonary hypertension treated with milrinone: four case reports. Biol Neonate 2006;89:1–5.
- McNamara PJ, Laique F, Muang-In S, Whyte HE: Milrinone improves oxygenation in neonates with severe persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn. J Crit Care 2006;21:217–222.
- Tzialla C, Cerbo RM, Perotti G, Stronati M: Persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn refractory to inhaled nitric oxide-treated with milrinone: a case report. Turk J Pediatr 2010;52:78–80.
- Sehgal A, Francis JV, Lewis AI: Use of milrinone in the management of haemodynamic instability following duct ligation. Eur J Pediatr 2011;170:115–119.
- Chalmers TC: Randomize the first patient. N Engl J Med 1977;296:107.
- Heymann MA, Rudolph AM, Silverman NH: Closure of the ductus arteriosus in premature infants by inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis. N Engl J Med 1976;295:530–533.
- Friedman WF, Hirschklau MJ, Printz MP, Pitlick PT, Kirkpatrick SE: Pharmacologic closure of patent ductus arteriosus in the premature infant. N Engl J Med 1976;295:526–529.
- Benitz WE: Treatment of persistent patent ductus arteriosus in preterm infants: time to accept the null hypothesis? J Perinatol 2010;30:241–252.
- Clark RH, Bloom BT, Spitzer AR, Gerstmann DR: Reported medication use in the neonatal intensive care unit: data from a large national data set. Pediatrics 2006;117:1979–1987.
- Hoffman TM, Wernovsky G, Atz AM, et al: Efficacy and safety of milrinone in preventing low cardiac output syndrome in infants and children after corrective surgery for congenital heart disease. Circulation 2003;107:996–1002.
- Barton P, Garcia J, Kouatli A, et al: Hemodynamic effects of i.v. milrinone lactate in pediatric patients with septic shock. A prospective, double-blinded, randomized, placebo-controlled, interventional study. Chest 1996;109:1302–1312.
- Paradisis M, Evans N, Kluckow M, Osborn D: Randomized trial of milrinone versus placebo for prevention of low systemic blood flow in very preterm infants. J Pediatr 2009;154:189–195.
- Pasquali SK, Hall M, Slonim AD, et al: Off-label use of cardiovascular medications in children hospitalized with congenital and acquired heart disease. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2008;1:74–83.
- Chiu PP, Sauer C, Mihailovic A, Adatia I, Bohn D, Coates AL, Langer JC: The price of success in the management of congenital diaphragmatic hernia: is improved survival accompanied by an increase in long-term morbidity? J Pediatr Surg 2006;41:888–892.
- van den Hout L, Schaible T, Cohen-Overbeek TE, Hop W, Siemer J, van de Ven K, Wessel L, Tibboel D, Reiss I: Actual outcome in infants with congenital diaphragmatic hernia: the role of a standardized postnatal treatment protocol. Fetal Diagn Ther 2011;29:55–63.
- Kotecha S, Barbato A, Bush A, Claus F, Davenport M, Delacourt C, Deprest J, Eber E, Frenckner B, Greenough A, Nicholson A, Antón-Pacheco JL, Midulla F: Congenital diaphragmatic hernia. Eur Respir J 2012;39:820–829.
- van den Hout L, Tibboel D, Vijfhuize S, te Beest H, Hop W, Reiss I, CDH-EURO Consortium: The VICI-trial: high frequency oscillation versus conventional mechanical ventilation in newborns with congenital diaphragmatic hernia: an international multicentre randomized controlled trial. BMC Pediatr 2011;11:98.
- Demauro SB, Giaccone A, Kirpalani H, Schmidt B: Quality of reporting of neonatal and infant trials in high-impact journals. Pediatrics 2011;128:e639–e644.