To view the fulltext, please log in
To view the pdf, please log in
Copyright / Drug Dosage
Copyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher or, in the case of photocopying, direct payment of a specified fee to the Copyright Clearance Center.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in goverment regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.
- Zarrouk Mahjoub S, Mehri S, Ourda F, Boussaada R, Mechmeche R, Arab SB, Finsterer J: Transition m.3308T>C in the ND1 gene is associated with left ventricular hypertrabeculation/noncompaction. Cardiology 2011;118:153–158.
- Rocha H, Flores C, Campos Y, Arenas J, Vilarinho L, Santorelli FM, Torroni A: About the ‘pathological’ role of the mtDNA T3308C mutation. Am J Hum Genet 1999;65:1457–1459.
- Cerezo M, Achilli A, Olivieri A, Perego UA, Gómez-Carballa A, Brisighelli F, Lancioni H, Woodward SR, López-Soto M, Carracedo Á, Capelli C, Torroni A, Salas A: Reconstructing ancient mitochondrial DNA links between Africa and Europe. Genome Res 2012;22:821–826.
- Salas A, Richards M, Lareu MV, Scozzari R, Coppa A, Torroni A, Macaulay V, Carracedo Á: The African diaspora: mitochondrial DNA and the Atlantic slave trade. Am J Hum Genet 2004;74:454–465.
- Fadhlaoui-Zid K, Plaza S, Calafell F, Ben Amor M, Comas D, Bennamar El Gaaied A: Mitochondrial DNA heterogeneity in Tunisian Berbers. Ann Hum Genet 2004;68:222–233.
- Turchi C, Buscemi L, Giacchino E, Onofri V, Fendt L, Parson W, Tagliabracci A: Polymorphisms of mtDNA control region in Tunisian and Moroccan populations: an enrichment of forensic mtDNA databases with Northern Africa data. Forensic Sci Int Genet 2009;3:166–172.
- Cherni L, Fernandes V, Pereira JB, Costa MD, Goios A, Frigi S, Yacoubi-Loueslati B, Amor MB, Slama A, Amorim A, El Gaaied AB, Pereira L: Post-last glacial maximum expansion from Iberia to North Africa revealed by fine characterization of mtDNA H haplogroup in Tunisia. Am J Phys Anthropol 2009;253–260.
- Achilli A, Perego UA, Bravi CM, Coble MD, Kong Q-P, Woodward SR, Salas A, Torroni A, Bandelt H-J: The phylogeny of the four Pan-American mtDNA haplogroups: implications for evolutionary and disease studies. PLoS ONE 2008;3:e1764.
- Yarham JW, Al-Dosary M, Blakely EL, Alston CL, Taylor RW, Elson JL, McFarland R: A comparative analysis approach to determining the pathogenicity of mitochondrial tRNA mutations. Hum Mutat 2011;32:1319–1325.
- Li B, Krishnan VG, Mort ME, Xin F, Kamati KK, Cooper DN, Mooney SD, Radivojac P: Automated inference of molecular mechanisms of disease from amino acid substitutions. Bioinformatics 2009;25:2744–2750.
- Campos Y, Martin MA, Rubio JC, Gutierrez del Olmo MC, Cabello A, Arenas J: Bilateral striatal necrosis and MELAS associated with a new T3308C mutation in the mitochondrial ND1 gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 1997;238:323–325.
- Bandelt H-J, Yao Y-G, Salas A: The search of ‘novel’ mtDNA mutations in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: MITOMAPping as a risk factor. Int J Cardiol 2008;126:439–442.
- Salas A, Yao Y-G, Macaulay V, Vega A, Carracedo A, Bandelt H-J: A critical reassessment of the role of mitochondria in tumorigenesis. PLoS Med 2005;2:e296.
- Bandelt H-J, Salas A: Contamination and sample mix-up can best explain some patterns of mtDNA instabilities in buccal cells and oral squamous cell carcinoma. BMC Cancer 2009;9:113.
- Vilarinho L, Chorao R, Cardoso ML, Rocha H, Nogueira C, Santorelli FM: The ND1 T3308C mutation may be a mtDNA polymorphism: report of two Portuguese patients. J Inherit Metab Dis 1999;22:90–91.
- Andrews RM, Kubacka I, Chinnery PF, Lightowlers RN, Turnbull DM, Howell N: Reanalysis and revision of the Cambridge reference sequence for human mitochondrial DNA. Nat Genet 1999;23:147.