To view the fulltext, please log in
To view the pdf, please log in
Copyright / Drug Dosage
Copyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher or, in the case of photocopying, direct payment of a specified fee to the Copyright Clearance Center.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in goverment regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.
- Akashi YJ, Goldstein DS, Barbaro G, Ueyama T: Takotsubo cardiomyopathy: a new form of acute, reversible heart failure. Circulation 2008;118:2754–2762.
- Eitel I, von Knobelsdorff-Brenkenhoff F, Bernhardt P, Carbone I, Muellerleile K, Aldrovandi A, Francone M, Desch S, Gutberlet M, Strohm O, Schuler G, Schulz-Menger J, Thiele H, Friedrich MG: Clinical characteristics and cardiovascular magnetic resonance findings in stress (takotsubo) cardiomyopathy. JAMA 2011;306:277–286.
- Madhavan M, Rihal CS, Lerman A, Prasad A: Acute heart failure in apical ballooning syndrome (takotsubo/stress cardiomyopathy): clinical correlates and Mayo Clinic risk score. J Am Coll Cardiol 2011;57:1400–1401.
- Cebelin MS, Hirsch CS: Human stress cardiomyopathy. Myocardial lesions in victims of homicidal assaults without internal injuries. Hum Pathol 1980;11:123–132.
- Wittstein IS, Thiemann DR, Lima JAC, Baughman KL, Schulman SP, Gerstenblith G, Wu KC, Rade JJ, Bivalacqua TJ, Champion HC: Neurohumoral features of myocardial stunning due to sudden emotional stress. N Engl J Med 2005;352:539–548.
- Sharkey SW, Windenburg DC, Lesser JR, Maron MS, Hauser RG, Lesser JN, Haas TS, Hodges JS, Maron BJ: Natural history and expansive clinical profile of stress (tako-tsubo) cardiomyopathy. J Am Coll Cardiol 2010;55:333–341.
- Schultz T, Shao Y, Redfors B, Bergmann Sverrisdottir Y, Råmunddal T, Albertsson P, Matejka G, Omerovic E: Stress-induced cardiomyopathy in Sweden: evidence for different ethnic predisposition and altered cardio-circulatory status. Cardiology 2012;122:180–186.
- Desmet WJ, Adriaenssens BF, Dens JA: Apical ballooning of the left ventricle: first series in white patients. Heart 2003;89:1027–1031.
- Qaqa A, Daoko J, Jallad N, Aburomeh O, Goldfarb I, Shamoon F: Takotsubo syndrome in African American vs. non-African American women. West J Emerg Med 2011;12:218–223.
- Elesber AA, Prasad A, Lennon RJ, Wright RS, Lerman A, Rihal CS: Four-year recurrence rate and prognosis of the apical ballooning syndrome. J Am Coll Cardiol 2007;50:448–452.
- Tsuchihashi K, Ueshima K, Uchida T, Ohmura N, Kimura K, Owa M, Yoshiyama M, Miyazaki S, Haze K, Ogawa H, Honda T, Hase M, Kai R, Morii I: Transient left ventricular apical ballooning without coronary artery stenosis: a novel heart syndrome mimicking acute myocardial infarction. Angina pectoris-myocardial infarction investigations in Japan. J Am Coll Cardiol 2001;38:11–18.
- Ortak J, Kurowski V, Wiegand UK, Bode F, Weitz G, Wilke I, Hartmann F, Schunkert H, Bonnemeier H: Cardiac autonomic activity in patients with transient left ventricular apical ballooning. J Am Coll Cardiol 2005;46:1959–1961.