To view the fulltext, please log in
To view the pdf, please log in
We studied the epidemiological characteristics of nontraumatic phakic rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD) in a defined population of Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia. A total of 278 eyes of 272 patients developed RRD during an 11-year period, 1988–1998, with a population of 465,947. The annual incidence was 5.4 per 100,000 population. The mean age of patients was 58.3 years, and the sex distribution corresponded with that in the general population. There was insignificant preponderance of right eye involvement. Bilaterality was observed in 2.2%. The presence of myopia was diagnosed in 46.9% eyes.
Copyright / Drug Dosage
Copyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher or, in the case of photocopying, direct payment of a specified fee to the Copyright Clearance Center.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in goverment regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.
- Böhringer HR: Statistisches zu Häufigkeit und Risiko der Netzhautablösung. Ophthalmologica 1956;131:331–334.
- Sasaki K, Ideta H, Yonemoto J, Tanaka S, Hirose A, Oka C: Epidemiologic characteristics of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment in Kumamoto, Japan. Graefe’s Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 1995;233:772–776.
- Statistički ljetopis hrvatskih županija 1993. Zagreb: Državni zavod za statistiku Republike Hrvatske, 1994.
- Laatikainen L, Tolppanen EM, Harju H: Epidemiology of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment in a Finnish population. Acta Ophthalmol (Copenh) 1985:63:59–64.
- Wilkes SR, Beard CM, Kurland LT, Robertson DM, O’Fallon WM: The incidence of retinal detachment in Rochester, Minnesota, 1970–1978. Am J Ophthalmol 1982;94:670–673.
- Ashrafzadeh MT, Schepens CL, Elzeneiny II, Moura R, Morse P, Kraushar MF: Aphakic and phakic retinal detachment. I. Preoperative findings. Arch Ophthalmol 1973;89:476–483.
- Haimann MH, Burton TC, Brown CK: Epidemiology of retinal detachment. Arch Ophthalmol 1982;100:289–292.
- Schiff-Wertheimer S, Jonqueres J, Jarry C: Le décollement rétinien des jeunes myopes: Symptomatologie et prognostic. Ann Oculist (Paris) 1949;182:13–23.
- Ivanišević M: Distribucija refrakcijskih stanja u uzorku zdrave odrasle populacije. Medicina 1989;25:135–138.