To view the fulltext, please log in
To view the pdf, please log in
We report on an ectopic prostate in a 50-year-old man. Transabdominal ultrasonography, pelvic computed tomography, and pelvic magnetic resonance imaging revealed a heterogeneous tumor 8 cm in diameter in contact with the posterior wall of the urinary bladder. The tumor was histologically confirmed to be a benign prostatic hyperplasia. This is the 3rd case of retrovesical ectopic prostatic tissue which was diagnosed by transrectal needle biopsy.
Copyright / Drug Dosage
Copyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher or, in the case of photocopying, direct payment of a specified fee to the Copyright Clearance Center.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in goverment regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.
- Congleton L, Thomason WB, McMullan DT, Worsham GF: Painless hematuria and urethral discharge secondary to ectopic prostate. J Urol 1989;142:1554–1555.
- Richter S, Saghi N, Nissenkorn I: Supratrigonal ectopic prostate: Case report and review of the literature. Urol Int 1991;46:96–98.
- Milburn JM, Bluth EI, Mitchell WT Jr: Ectopic prostatic in the testicle: An unusual cause of a solid testicular mass on ultrasonography. J Ultrasound Med 1994;13:578–580.
- Spiro LH, Levine B: Ectopic subvesical prostatic tissue. J Urol 1974;112:631–633.
- Marini F, Perego S, Valente R: Ectopia prostatica: una osservazione. Urologia 1978;45:179.
- Gledhill A: Ectopic prostatic tissue. J Urol 1985;133:110–111.
- Yasukawa S, Aoshi H, Takamatsu M: Ectopic prostatic adenoma in retrovesical space. J Urol 1987;137:998–999.
- Maluf HM, King ME, DeLuca FR, Navarro J, Talerman A, Young RH: Giant multilocular prostatic cystadenoma: A distinctive lesion of the retroperitoneum in men. A report of two cases. Am J Surg Pathol 1991;15:131–135.
- Morgan MB: Ectopic prostatic tissue of the anal canal. J Urol 1992;147:165–166.
- Roy C, Guth S, Gasser B, LeBras Y, Tuchmann C, Saussine C, Jacqmin D: Benign hyperplasia in ectopic prostatic tissue: A rare cause of pelvic mass. Eur Radiol 1997;7:35–37.
- Liessi G, Spaliviero B, Cesari S, Butini R, Tiso RM: Benign hyperplasia of ectopic prostatic tissue. The computed tomographic and magnetic resonance findings in a patient with 2 locations. Radiol Med 1997;94:402–404.
- Ito H, Fuse H, Hirano S, Masuda S: Ectopic prostatic tissue outside the urinary tract: A case report. Int J Urol 1998;5:391–392.
- Jores L: Über die Hypertrophie des sogenannten mittleren Lappens der Prostata. Arch Pathol Anat 1894;135:224.
- Morey AF, Kreder KJ, Wikert GA, Cooper G, Dresner ML: Ectopic prostate tissue at the bladder dome. J Urol 1989;141:942–943.