To view the fulltext, please log in
To view the pdf, please log in
The CCMD-3 Task Force has prepared and completed field trials for the Chinese Classification of Mental Disorders Version 3 (CCMD-3). It has also worked on the Treatment and Nursing of Mental Disorders Relevant to CCMD-3, and the Rating Test for Health Problems and Diseases as a set of relevant diagnostic scales and software. From 1996 to 2000, the CCMD-3 Task Force has been actively engaged in prospective follow-up field trials aimed at improving the classification and diagnostic criteria of mental disorders in China. A total of 114 psychiatrists from 41 mental health centers and psychiatric hospitals carried out the trials, considering for the 17 adult mental disorders, and 7 mental disorders with onset usually occurring in childhood and adolescence. Based on the results of the field trials, the Task Force has finalized the CCMD-3. Throughout the phase of initial drafting, each item in CCMD-3 was compared with the corresponding item in the CCMD-2R, and the descriptive definitions were based on the Clinical descriptions and diagnostic guidelines of ICD-10. The diagnostic criteria also refer to the Research Criteria of ICD-10, and the DSM-IV. Following the decision made by the Chinese Psychiatric Association, CCMD-3 has been published as diagnostic guidelines to be used by all psychiatrists across the country.
Copyright / Drug Dosage
Copyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher or, in the case of photocopying, direct payment of a specified fee to the Copyright Clearance Center.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in goverment regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.
- Chinese Society of Psychiatry: The Chinese Classification and Diagnostic Criteria of Mental Disorders Version 3 (CCMD-3). Jinan, Chinese Society of Psychiatry, 2001.
- Chen YF (ed): The Treatment and Nursing of Mental Disorders Relevant to CCMD-3. Jinan, Chinese Society of Psychiatry, 2001.
- Chinese Society of Psychiatry: The Chinese Classification and Diagnostic Criteria of Mental Disorders Version 2 Revision (CCMD-2R). Jinan, Chinese Society of Psychiatry, 2001.
- World Health Organization: The ICD-10 Classification of Mental and Behavioral Disorders. Clinical Description and Diagnostic Guideline. Geneva, World Health Organization, 1992.
- World Health Organization: The ICD-10 Classification of Mental and Behavioral Disorders. Researching Criteria. Geneva, World Health Organization, 1992.
- American Psychiatric Association: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, ed 4 (DSM-IV). Washington, American Psychiatric Association, 1994.
- The North American Nursing Diagnosis Association: Contemporary Nursing Diagnosis Manual. Philadelphia, The North American Nursing Diagnosis Association, 1994.
- World Health Organization: Schedules for Clinical Assessment in Neuropsychiatry. Geneva, World Health Organization, 1992.
- World Health Organization: Composite International Diagnostic Interview Version 1 (CIDI). Geneva, World Health Organization, 1992.