Letters to Dermatology
Effectiveness of Topical Adapalene in Dowling-Degos DiseaseAltomare G. · Capella G.L. · Fracchiolla C. · Frigerio E.
Department of Dermatology, University of Milan, Ospedale Maggiore IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Do you have an account?
- Rent for 48h to view
- Buy Cloud Access for unlimited viewing via different devices
- Synchronizing in the ReadCube Cloud
- Printing and saving restrictions apply
Rental: USD 8.50
Cloud: USD 20.00
- Wilson Jones E, Grice K: Reticulate pigmented anomaly of the flexures: Dowling-Degos disease, a new genodermatosis. Arch Dermatol 1978;114: 1150–1157.
- Crovato F, Nazzari G, Rebora A: Dowling-Degos disease (reticulate pigmented anomaly of the flexures) is an autosomal dominant condition. Br J Dermatol 1983;108:473–476.
Amichai B, Grunwald MH, Bergman R: Guess what! Dowling-Degos disease (reticulate pigmented anomaly of the flexures). Eur J Dermatol 1997; 6:465–466.
Oppolzer G, Schwarz T, Duschet P, Brenner W, Gschnait F: M. Dowling-Degos: frustraner Therapieversuch mit Retinoiden. Hautarzt 1987;38:615– 618.
- Grosshans E, Geiger JM, Hanau D, Jelen G, Heid E: Ultrastructure of early pigmentary changes in Dowling-Degos’s disease. J Cutan Pathol 1980;7: 77–87.
- Rebora A, Crovato F: The spectrum of Dowling-Degos disease. Br J Dermatol 1984;110:627–630.
- Thami GP, Jaswal R, Kanwar AJ, Radotra BD, Singh IP: Overlap of reticulate acropigmentation of Dohi and Dowling-Degos disease in four generations. Dermatology 1998;196:350–351.
- Lestringant GG, Masouyé I, Frossard PM, Adeghate E, Galadari IH: Co-existence of leukoderma with features of Dowling-Degos disease: Reticulate acropigmentation of Kitamura spectrum in five unrelated patients. Dermatology 1998;195:337–343.
- Bardach HG: Morbus Dowling-Degos mit Beteiligung des Kapillitiums. Hautarzt 1981;32:182–186.
- Crovato F, Rebora A: Reticulate pigmented anomaly of the flexures associating reticulate acropigmentation: One single entity. J Am Acad Dermatol 1986;14:359–361.
- Bedlow AJ, Mortimer PS: Dowling-Degos disease associated with hidradenitis suppurativa. Clin Exp Dermatol 1996;21:305–306.
- Allec J, Chatelus A, Wagner N: Skin distribution and pharmaceutical aspects of adapalene gel. J Am Acad Dermatol 1997;36:S119–125.
- Shroot B, Michel S: Pharmacology and chemistry of adapalene. J Am Acad Dermatol 1997;36:S96–103.
Bernard BA: Adapalene, a new chemical entity with retinoid activity. Skin Pharmacol 1993;6(suppl 1):61–69.
Article / Publication Details
Copyright / Drug Dosage / DisclaimerCopyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in government regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.