Letter to the Editor
Measuring the Therapeutic Relationship in Internet-Based InterventionsFerwerda M.a, b · van Beugen S.a, b · van Riel P.C.L.M.c · van de Kerkhof P.C.M.d · de Jong E.M.G.J.d · Smit J.V.f · Zeeuwen-Franssen M.E.J.e · Kroft E.B.M.g · Visser H.h · Vonkeman H.E.i · Creemers M.C.W.j · van Middendorp H.a · Evers A.W.M.a, b
aHealth, Medical and Neuropsychology Unit, Leiden University, Leiden, bDepartment of Medical Psychology, cScientific Institute for Quality of Healthcare, and dDepartment of Dermatology, Radboud University Medical Center, and eDermatology Department, Canisius-Wilhelmina Ziekenhuis, Nijmegen, fDermatology Department, Rijnstate Hospital, Velp, gDermatology Department, Ziekenhuisgroep Twente, Almelo, hDepartment of Rheumatology, Rijnstate Hospital, Arnhem, iDepartment of Rheumatology, Medisch Spectrum Twente, Enschede, and jDepartment of Rheumatology, Jeroen Bosch Ziekenhuis, 's Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Do you have an account?
- Rent for 48h to view
- Buy Cloud Access for unlimited viewing via different devices
- Synchronizing in the ReadCube Cloud
- Printing and saving restrictions apply
Rental: USD 8.50
Cloud: USD 20.00
Article / Publication Details
- Andersson G, Cuijpers P, Carlbring P, Riper H, Hedman E: Guided Internet-based vs. face-to-face cognitive behavior therapy for psychiatric and somatic disorders: a systematic review and meta-analysis. World Psychiatry 2014;13:288-295.
- van Beugen S, Ferwerda M, Hoeve D, Rovers MM, Spillekom-van Koulil S, van Middendorp H, Evers AWM: Internet-based cognitive behavioral therapy for patients with chronic somatic conditions: a meta-analytic review. J Med Internet Res 2014;16:251-265.
- Martin DJ, Garske JP, Davis MK: Relation of the therapeutic alliance with outcome and other variables: a meta-analytic review. J Consult Clin Psychol 2000;68:438-450.
- Sucala M, Schnur JB, Constantino MJ, Miller SJ, Brackman EH, Montgomery GH: The therapeutic relationship in E-therapy for mental health: a systematic review. J Med Internet Res 2012;14:175-187.
- Kaltenthaler E, Sutcliffe P, Parry G, Beverley C, Rees A, Ferriter M: The acceptability to patients of computerized cognitive behaviour therapy for depression: a systematic review. Psychol Med 2008;38:1521-1530.
- Cavanagh K, Millings A: (Inter)personal computing: the role of the therapeutic relationship in E-mental health. J Contemp Psychother 2013;43:197-206.
- Andersson G: The promise and pitfalls of the internet for cognitive behavioral therapy. BMC Medicine 2010;8:82.
- Horvath AO, Greenberg LS: Development and validation of the Working Alliance Inventory. J Couns Psychol 1989;36:223-233.
- Busseri MA, Tyler JD: Interchangeability of the Working Alliance Inventory and Working Alliance Inventory, Short Form. Psychol Assess 2003;15:193-197.
Article / Publication Details
Copyright / Drug Dosage / DisclaimerCopyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in government regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.