Letter to the Editor
Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors and Risk of Mood DisordersWilliams L.J.a · Pasco J.A.a, b · Kessing L.V.c, d · Quirk S.E.a · Fernandes B.S.a, e · Berk M.a,f-h
aDeakin University, Geelong, Vic., and bMelbourne Medical School-Western Campus, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Melbourne, St Albans, Vic., Australia; cPsychiatric Center Copenhagen, Department O, Rigshospitalet, and dFaculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark; eLaboratory of Calcium Binding Proteins in the Central Nervous System, Department of Biochemistry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil; fDepartment of Psychiatry, The University of Melbourne, gFlorey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, and hOrygen, The National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health, Centre for Youth Mental Health, Parkville, Vic., Australia
Do you have an account?
- Rent for 48h to view
- Buy Cloud Access for unlimited viewing via different devices
- Synchronizing in the ReadCube Cloud
- Printing and saving restrictions apply
Rental: USD 8.50
Cloud: USD 20.00
Article / Publication Details
Berk M, Williams LJ, Jacka FN, O'Neil A, Pasco JA, Moylan S, Allen NB, Stuart AL, Hayley AC, Byrne ML, et al: So depression is an inflammatory disease, but where does the inflammation come from? BMC Med 2013;11:200.
- Phillips MI, de Oliveira EM: Brain renin angiotensin in disease. J Mol Med (Berl) 2008;86:715-722.
- Grover MP, Ballouz S, Mohanasundaram KA, George RA, Sherman CD, Crowley TM, Wouters MA: Identification of novel therapeutics for complex diseases from genome-wide association data. BMC Med Genomics 2014;7(suppl 1):S8.
- Ancelin ML, Carriere I, Scali J, Ritchie K, Chaudieu I, Ryan J: Angiotensin-converting enzyme gene variants are associated with both cortisol secretion and late-life depression. Transl Psychiatry 2013;3:e322.
- Zill P, Baghai TC, Schule C, Born C, Frustuck C, Buttner A, Eisenmenger W, Varallo-Bedarida G, Rupprecht R, Moller HJ, et al: DNA methylation analysis of the angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) gene in major depression. PLoS One 2012;7:e40479.
- Firouzabadi N, Shafiei M, Bahramali E, Ebrahimi SA, Bakhshandeh H, Tajik N: Association of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) gene polymorphism with elevated serum ACE activity and major depression in an Iranian population. Psychiatry Res 2012;200:336-342.
- Berk M, Nierenberg AA: Three paths to drug discovery in psychiatry. Am J Psychiatry 2015;172:412-414.
- Liu F, Havens J, Yu Q, Wang G, Davisson RL, Pickel VM, Iadecola C: The link between angiotensin II-mediated anxiety and mood disorders with NADPH oxidase-induced oxidative stress. Int J Physiol Pathophysiol Pharmacol 2012;4:28-35.
- Pasco JA, Nicholson GC, Kotowicz MA: Cohort profile: Geelong Osteoporosis Study. Int J Epidemiol 2012;41:1565-1575.
First M, Spitzer R, Gibbon M, Williams J: Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV-TR Axis I Disorders, Research Version, Non-Patient Edition. (SCID-I/NP). New York, Biometrics Research, New York State Psychiatric Institute, 2002.
Article / Publication Details
Copyright / Drug Dosage / DisclaimerCopyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in government regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.