The Role of the Clinical Examination in the Subclassification of StrokeBamford J.M.
St. James’s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Do you have an account?
- Rent for 48h to view
- Buy Cloud Access for unlimited viewing via different devices
- Synchronizing in the ReadCube Cloud
- Printing and saving restrictions apply
Rental: USD 8.50
Cloud: USD 20.00
- Gross CR, Shinar D, Mohr JP, Hier DB, Caplan LR, Price TR, Wolf PA, Kase CS, Fishman IG, Calingo S, Kunitz SC: Interobserver agreement in the diagnosis of stroke type. Arch Neurol 1986;43:893–898.
- Adams HP Jr, Bendixen BH, Kappelle LJ et al. and the TOAST investigators: Classification of subtype of acute ischemic stroke: definitions for use in a multicenter clinical trial. Stroke 1993;24:35–41.
- Madden KP, Karanjia PN, Adams HP Jr, Clarke WR and the TOAST Investigators: Accuracy of initial stroke subtype diagnosis in the TOAST study. Neurology 1995;45:1975–1979.
- van der Zwan A, Hillen B, Tulleken CAF, Dujovny M, Dragovic L: Variability of the territories of the major cerebral arteries. J Neurosurg 1992;77:927–940.
- van der Zwan A, Hillen B, Tulleken CAF, Dujovny M: A quantitative investigation of the variability of the major cerebral arterial territories. Stroke 1993;24:1951–1959.
- Bamford J, Sandercock P, Dennis M, Burn J, Warlow C: Classification and natural history of clinically identifiable subtypes of cerebral infarction. Lancet 1991;337:1521–1526.
Shinar D, Gross CR, Mohr JP et al: Interobserver variability in the assessment of neurologic history and examination in the Stroke Data Bank. Arch Neurol 1985;42:557–565.
- Lindley RI, Warlow CP, Wardlaw JM, Dennis MS, Slattery J, Sandercock PAG: Interobserver reliability of a clinical classification of acute cerebral infarction. Stroke 1993;24:1801–1804.
- Boiten J, Lodder J: Lacunar infarcts: Pathogenesis and validity of the clinical syndromes. Stroke 1991;22:1374–1378.
Anderson CS, Taylor BV, Hankey GJ, Stewart-Wynne EG, Jamrozik KD: Validation of a clinical classification for subtypes of acute cerebral infarction. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1994;25:1173–1179.
- Lindgren A, Norrving B, Rudling O, Johansson BB: Comparison of clinical and neuroradiological findings in first-ever stroke: A population-based study. Stroke 1994;25:1371–1377.
- Lindgren A, Roijer A, Norrving B, Wallin L, Eskilsson J, Johansson BB: Carotid artery and heart disease in subtypes of cerebral infarction. Stroke 1994;25:2356–2362.
Mead GE, Murray H, Farrell A, O’Neill PA, McCollum CN: Pilot study of carotid surgery for acute stroke. Br J Surg 1977;84:99–992.
- Toni D, Del Duca R, Fiorelli M, Sacchetti ML, Bastainello S, Giubilei F, Martinazzo C, Argentino C: Pure motor hemiparesis and sensorimotor stroke. Accuracy of very early clinical diagnosis of lacunar strokes. Stroke 1994;25:92–96.
- Tei H, Uchiyama S, Koshimizu K, Kobayahi M, Ohara K: Correlation between symptomatic, radiological and etiological diagnosis in acute ischemic stroke. Acta Neurol Scand 1999;99:192–195.
Article / Publication Details
Copyright / Drug Dosage / DisclaimerCopyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in government regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.