Letter to the Editor
Role of Sexuality in the Outcome of Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa: A 3-Year Follow-Up StudyCastellini G.a · Lelli L.a · Corsi E.a · Campone B.a · Ciampi E.a · Fisher A.D.b · Mallardo L.a · Monteleone A.M.c · Rotella F.a · Tofani T.a · Vignozzi L.b · Zamponi F.a · Maggi M.b · Ricca V.a
aPsychiatric Unit, Department of Neuroscience, Psychology, Drug Research and Child Health, and bSexual Medicine and Andrology Unit, Department of Experimental, Clinical and Biomedical Sciences, University of Florence, Florence, and cDepartment of Psychiatry, University of Naples SUN, Naples, Italy
Do you have an account?
- Rent for 48h to view
- Buy Cloud Access for unlimited viewing via different devices
- Synchronizing in the ReadCube Cloud
- Printing and saving restrictions apply
Rental: USD 8.50
Cloud: USD 20.00
Article / Publication Details
- Fairburn CG, Harrison PJ: Eating disorders. Lancet 2003;361:407-416.
- Castellini G, Lelli L, Lo Sauro C, Fioravanti G, Vignozzi L, Maggi M, Faravelli C, Ricca V: Anorectic and bulimic patients suffer from relevant sexual dysfunctions. J Sex Med 2012;9:2590-2599.
- Wonderlich S, Mitchell JE, Crosby RD, Myers TC, Kadlec K, LaHaise K, Swan-Kremeier L, Dokken J, Lange M, Dinkel J, Jorgensen M, Schander L: Minimizing and treating chronicity in the eating disorders: a clinical overview. Int J Eat Disord 2012;45:467-475.
- Bardone-Cone AM, Harney MB, Maldonado CR, Lawson MA, Robinson DP, Smith R, Tosh A: Defining recovery from an eating disorder: conceptualization, validation, and examination of psychosocial functioning and psychiatric comorbidity. Behav Res Ther 2010;48:194-202.
- Castellini G, Lo Sauro C, Lelli L, Godini L, Vignozzi L, Rellini AH, Faravelli C, Maggi M, Ricca V: Childhood sexual abuse moderates the relationship between sexual functioning and eating disorder psychopathology in anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa: a 1-year follow-up study. J Sex Med 2013;10:2190-2200.
First MB, Spitzer RL, Gibbon M, Williams JBW: Structured Clinical Interview for DSM-IV Axis I Disorders-Patient Edition (SCID-I/P), version 2.0. New York, Biometrics Research Department, New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1995.
Fairburn CG, Beglin SJ: Assessment of eating disorders: interview or self-report questionnaire? Int J Eat Disord 1994;16:363-370.
Cuzzolaro M, Vetrone G, Marano G, Battacchi MW: BUT, Body Uneasiness Test: a new attitudinal body image scale. Psichiatr Infan Adolesc 1999;66:417-428.
- Rosen R, Brown C, Heiman J, Leiblum S, Meston C, Shabsigh R, Ferguson D, D'Agostino R Jr: The Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI): a multidimensional self-report instrument for the assessment of female sexual function. J Sex Marital Ther 2000;26:191-208.
- Castellini G, Lo Sauro C, Mannucci E, Ravaldi C, Rotella CM, Faravelli C, Ricca V: Diagnostic crossover and outcome predictors in eating disorders according to DSM-IV and DSM-V proposed criteria: a 6-year follow-up study. Psychosom Med 2011;73:270-279.
Article / Publication Details
Copyright / Drug Dosage / DisclaimerCopyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in government regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.