Letter to the Editor
Poorer Long-Term Outcomes among Persons with Major Depressive Disorder Treated with MedicationVittengl J.R.
Department of Psychology, Truman State University, Kirksville, MO, USA
Do you have an account?
- Rent for 48h to view
- Buy Cloud Access for unlimited viewing via different devices
- Synchronizing in the ReadCube Cloud
- Printing and saving restrictions apply
Rental: USD 8.50
Cloud: USD 20.00
Article / Publication Details
- Hardeveld F, Spijker J, De Graaf R, Nolen WA, Beekman AT: Prevalence and predictors of recurrence of major depressive disorder in the adult population. Acta Psychiatr Scand 2010;122:184-191.
- Cuijpers P, Turner EH, Mohr DC, Hofmann SG, Andersson G, Berking M, Coyne J: Comparison of psychotherapies for adult depression to pill placebo control groups: a meta-analysis. Psychol Med 2014;44:685-695.
- Biesheuvel-Leliefeld KM, Kok G, Bockting CH, Cuijpers P, Hollon SD, van Marwijk HJ, Smit F: Effectiveness of psychological interventions in preventing recurrence of depressive disorder: meta-analysis and meta-regression. J Affect Disord 2015;174:400-410.
- Pigott HE, Leventhal AM, Alter GS, Boren JJ: Efficacy and effectiveness of antidepressants: current status of research. Psychother Psychosom 2010;79:267-279.
- Fava GA: Rational use of antidepressant drugs. Psychother Psychosom 2014;83:197-204.
Ryff C, Almeida D, Ayanian J, Binkley N, Carr D, Coe C, Davidson R, Grzywacz J, Karlamangla A, Krueger R, Lachman M, Love G, Mailick M, Mroczek D, Radler B, Seeman T, Sloan R, Thomas D, Weinstein M, Williams D: National Survey of Midlife Development in the United States (MIDUS 3), 2013-2014. Ann Arbor, Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research, 2016.
Kessler RC, Andrews G, Mroczek D, Ustun B, Wittchen H-U: The World Health Organization Composite International Diagnostic Interview short-form (CIDI-SF). Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 1998;7:171-185.
- Wang PS, Berglund P, Kessler RC: Recent care of common mental disorders in the United States: prevalence and conformance with evidence-based recommendations. J Gen Intern Med 2000;15:284-292.
- Andrews PW, Kornstein SG, Halberstadt LJ, Gardner CO, Neale MC: Blue again: perturbational effects of antidepressants suggest monoaminergic homeostasis in major depression. Front Psychol 2011;2:159.
- Guidi J, Tomba E, Fava GA: The sequential integration of pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy in the treatment of major depressive disorder: a meta-analysis of the sequential model and a critical review of the literature. Am J Psychiatry 2016;173:128-137.
Article / Publication Details
Copyright / Drug Dosage / DisclaimerCopyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in government regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.