Type 2 Diabetes and Heart Failure - More Scrutiny Wanted!Atar D.a, c · Hanssen K.F.b, c
Departments of aCardiology B and bEndocrinology, Oslo University Hospital, and cInstitute of Clinical Sciences, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Do you have an account?
- Rent for 48h to view
- Buy Cloud Access for unlimited viewing via different devices
- Synchronizing in the ReadCube Cloud
- Printing and saving restrictions apply
Rental: USD 8.50
Cloud: USD 20.00
Article / Publication Details
- Kannel WB, Hjortland M, Castelli WP: Role of diabetes in congestive heart failure: the Framingham Study. Am J Cardiol 1974;34:29-34.
- Halon DA, Ayman J, Rubinshtein R, Zafrir B, Azencot M, Lewis BS: Cardiac computed tomography angiographic findings as predictors of late heart failure in an asymptomatic diabetic cohort: an 8-year prospective follow-up study. Cardiology 2017;138:218-227.
- Miki T, Yuda S, Kouzu H, Miura T: Diabetic cardiomyopathy: pathophysiology and clinical features. Heart Fail Rev 2013;18:149-166.
- Jia G, Whaley-Connell A, Sowers JR: Diabetic cardiomyopathy: a hyperglycaemia- and insulin-resistance-induced heart disease. Diabetologia DOI: 10.1007/s00125-017-4390-4.
- Berg TJ, Snorgaard O, Faber J, Torjesen PA, Hildebrandt P, Mehlsen J, et al: Serum levels of advanced glycation end products are associated with left ventricular diastolic function in patients with type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Care 1999;22:1186-1190.
- Sveen KA, Nerdrum T, Hanssen KF, Brekke M, Torjesen PA, Strauch CM, et al: Impaired left ventricular function and myocardial blood flow reserve in patients with long-term type 1 diabetes and no significant coronary artery disease: associations with protein glycation. Diab Vasc Dis Res 2014;11:84-91.
- Remm F, Franz WM, Brenner C: Gliptins and their target dipeptidyl peptidase 4: implications for the treatment of vascular disease. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Pharmacother 2016;2:185-193.
- Omland T, Kullo IJ: Biomarker-based risk models to risk stratify patients with stable coronary heart disease. J Am Coll Cardiol 2017;70:827-829.
- Nesto RW, Phillips RT, Kett KG, Hill T, Perper E, Young E, et al: Angina and exertional myocardial ischemia in diabetic and nondiabetic patients: assessment by exercise thallium scintigraphy. Ann Intern Med 1988;108(2):170-5.
- Halon DA, Azencot M, Rubinshtein R, Zafrir B, Flugelman MY, Lewis BS: Coronary computed tomography (CT) angiography as a predictor of cardiac and noncardiac vascular events in asymptomatic type 2 diabetics: a 7-year population-based cohort study. J Am Heart Assoc 2016;5:e003226.
- Larsen J, Brekke M, Sandvik L, Arnesen H, Hanssen KF, Dahl-Jorgensen K: Silent coronary atheromatosis in type 1 diabetic patients and its relation to long-term glycemic control. Diabetes 2002;51:2637-2641.
- Bebu I, Braffett BH, Pop-Busui R, Orchard TJ, Nathan DM, Lachin JM: The relationship of blood glucose with cardiovascular disease is mediated over time by traditional risk factors in type 1 diabetes: the DCCT/EDIC study. Diabetologia 2017;60:2084-2091.
- Kumar R, Kerins DM, Walther T: Cardiovascular safety of anti-diabetic drugs. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Pharmacother 2016;2:32-43.
- Zannad F, Stough WG, Lipicky RJ, Tamargo J, Bakris GL, Borer JS, Alonso García Mde L, Hadjadj S, Koenig W, Kupfer S, McCullough PA, Mosenzon O, Pocock S, Scheen AJ, Sourij H, Van der Schueren B, Stahre C, White WB, Calvo G: Assessment of cardiovascular risk of new drugs for the treatment of diabetes mellitus: risk assessment vs. risk aversion. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Pharmacother 2016;2:200-205.
- de Leeuw AE, de Boer RA: Sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 inhibition: cardioprotection by treating diabetes-a translational viewpoint explaining its potential salutary effects. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Pharmacother 2016;2:244-255.
- Turner JR, Karnad DR, Kothari S, Metz A, Patel H, Caveney E: With regard to the paper by Zannad et al. entitled Assessment of cardiovascular risk of new drugs for the treatment of diabetes mellitus: risk assessment versus risk aversion. Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Pharmacother 2017;3:7-8.
- Paulus WJ, Tschope C: A novel paradigm for heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: comorbidities drive myocardial dysfunction and remodeling through coronary microvascular endothelial inflammation. J Am Coll Cardiol 2013;62:263-271.
Øllgaard JPG, Rørth R, Rossing P, Køber L, Parving HH, Pedersen O: Risk of heart failure in intensively treated patients with type 2 diabetes and microalbuminuria: 21 years of follow-up in the multifactorial STENO-2 intervention. Diabetologia 2017;60(suppl 1):S40.
Article / Publication Details
Copyright / Drug Dosage / DisclaimerCopyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in government regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.