Successful Intrauterine Treatment of Cystic Hygroma colli Using OK-432
Sasaki Y. · Chiba Y.
A Case Report
Department of Perinatology, National Cardiovascular Center, Osaka, Japan
Do you have an account?
- Rent for 48h to view
- Buy Cloud Access for unlimited viewing via different devices
- Synchronizing in the ReadCube Cloud
- Printing and saving restrictions apply
Rental: USD 8.50
Cloud: USD 20.00
Article / Publication Details
A 36-year-old multiparous woman was referred at 25 weeks of gestation with suspected cystic hygroma. Ultrasonographic examination demonstrated large multiple cysts around the fetal neck. We treated them by injection of OK-432 at 29 and 32 weeks of gestation. The cysts decreased in size after the intrauterine treatment. A female baby was delivered at 38 weeks of gestation. She was healthy, and there was only a small swelling of the skin in the nuchal area at birth. One month later, the slight swelling of the skin had completely disappeared. Intrauterine injection of OK-432 was a safe and effective therapy for fetal cystic hygroma.
© 2003 S. Karger AG, Basel
- Ogita K, Suita S, Taguchi T, Yamanouchi T, Masumoto K, Tsukimori K, Nakano H: Outcome of fetal cystic hygroma and experience of intrauterine treatment. Fetal Diagn Ther 2001;16:105–110.
- Samuel M, McCarthy L, Boddy S: Efficacy and safety of OK-432 sclerotherapy for giant cystic hygroma in a newborn. Fetal Diagn Ther 2000;15:93–96.
Diana W, Timothy M, Mary E: Cystic hygroma and lymphangioma. Fetology 2000;32:255–261.
Tanemura M, Nishikawa N, Kojima K, Suzuki Y, Suzumori K: A case of successful fetal therapy for congenital chylothorax by intrapleural injection of OK-432. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2001;18:371–375.
- Kanzaki T, Chiba Y: Evaluation of the preload condition of the fetus by inferior vena caval blood flow pattern. Fetal Diagn Ther 1990;5:168–174.
Chiba Y, Murakami M, Murakami N, Kobayashi H, Ohmichi M: Comparative evaluation of non-stress test, Doppler examination, and contraction stress test evaluated with cord blood sampling in growth-retarded fetuses. J Matern Fetal Invest 1996;6:125–131.
- Negishi H, Yamada H, Okuyama K, Sagawa T, Makinoda S, Fujimoto S: Outcome of non-immune hydrops fetalis and a fetus with hydrothorax and/or ascites: With some trials of intrauterine treatment. J Perinat Med 1997;25:71–77.
- Watari H, Yamada H, Fujino T, Okuyama K, Sagawa T, Makinoda S, Fujimoto S: A case of intrauterine medical treatment for cystic hygroma. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 1996;70:201–203.
Article / Publication Details
Copyright / Drug Dosage / DisclaimerCopyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in government regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.