Testes Size and Body Weight in the Milne-Edwards’ Sifaka (Propithecus edwardsi) of Ranomafana National Park, Madagascar, Relative to Other Strepsirhine PrimatesPochron S.T. · Wright P.C.
Department of Anthropology, State University of New York at Stony Brook,Stony Brook, N.Y., USA
Do you have an account?
- Rent for 48h to view
- Buy Cloud Access for unlimited viewing via different devices
- Synchronizing in the ReadCube Cloud
- Printing and saving restrictions apply
Rental: USD 8.50
Cloud: USD 20.00
Article / Publication Details
- Fietz J (1999). Mating system of Microcebus murinus. American Journal of Primatology 48: 127–133.
- Glander KE, Wright PC, Daniels PS, Merenlender AM (1992). Morphometrics and testicle size of rain forest lemur species from southeastern Madagascar. Journal of Human Evolution 22: 1–17.
- Harcourt AH, Harvey PH, Larson SG, Short RV (1981). Testis weight, body weight and breeding system in primates. Nature 293: 55–57.
Johnson SE, et al (in revision). Sexual dimorphism and testes size in brown lemurs (Eulemur albocollaris and E. fulvus rufus). American Journal of Primatology.
- Kappeler PM (1997). Intrasexual selection and testis size in strepsirhine primates. Behavioral Ecology 8: 10–19.
Kappeler PM (2000). Causes and consequences of unusual sex ratios among lemurs. In Primate Males (Kappeler PM, ed.), pp 55–63. Cambridge, Cambridge University Press.
- Plavcan JM, van Schaik CP, Kappeler PM (1995). Competition, coalitions and canine size in primates. Journal of Human Evolution 28: 245–276.
Pochron ST, Fitzgerald J, Grgas M, Rakotonirina G, Ratsimbazafy R, Rakotosoa R, Wright PC (2003). Patterns of female dominance in Propithecus diadema edwardsi of Ranomafana National Park. American Journal of Primatology.
- Pochron ST, Wright PC (2003). Variability in adult group compositions of a prosimian primate. Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology 54: 285–293.
- Schülke O, Kappeler PM, Zischler H (2004). Small testes size despite high extra‐pair paternity in the pair‐living nocturnal primate Phaner furcifer. Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology 55: 293–301.
Wright PC (1992). Primate ecology, rainforest conservation and economic development: Building a national park in Madagascar. Evolutionary Anthropology 1: 25–33.
- Wright PC (1995). Demography and life history of free‐ranging Propithecus diadema edwardsi in Ranomafana National Park, Madagascar. International Journal of Primatology 16: 835–854.
Wright PC (1999). Lemur traits and Madagascar ecology: Coping with an island environment. Yearbook of Physical Anthropology 42: 319–372.
Article / Publication Details
Copyright / Drug Dosage / DisclaimerCopyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in government regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.