Fetus-in-Fetu: A Rare EntityMohan H. · Chhabra S. · Handa U.
Departments of Pathology, Government Medical College, Chandigarh, India
Do you have an account?
- Rent for 48h to view
- Buy Cloud Access for unlimited viewing via different devices
- Synchronizing in the ReadCube Cloud
- Printing and saving restrictions apply
Rental: USD 8.50
Cloud: USD 20.00
Article / Publication Details
Fetus-in-fetu is a malformed parasitic monozygotic diamniotic twin that is found inside the body of the living child or adult. A 3-year-old male child presented with a retroperitoneal mass, which on radiological examination showed retroperitoneal teratoma. Pathological examination revealed fetus-in-fetu with partially developed vertebral column.
© 2007 S. Karger AG, Basel
- Hoeffel CC, Nguyen KQ, Tran TT, Fornes P: Fetus-in-fetu: a case report and literature review. Pediatr 2000;105:1335–1344.
- Kim OH, Shinn KS: Post natal growth of fetus-in-fetu. Pediatr Radiol 1993;23:411–412.
- Bhat BV, Madhu, Rao S, Nalini N, Elangovan S, Singh P: Twin fetus-in-fetu. Ind J Pediatr 1998;65:622–626.
- Carles D, Alberti EM, Serville F, et al: Fetus-in-fetu and acardiac monster: can the similar patterns of these two malformations be explained by a common morphogenic mechanism? Arch Anat Cytol Pathol 1991;39:77–82.
Shrivastava SK, Sharma HP, Sinha SK, Prasad KM: Retroperitoneal teratoma as fetus-in-fetu – a case report. Indian J Pathol Microbiol 1999;43:169–170.
- Patankar T, Fatterpaker GM, Prasad S, Maniyar A, Mukherji SK: Fetus in fetu: a CT appearance – report of two cases. Radiology 2000;214:735–737.
- Kang YK, Suh YL, Kim CW, et al: Fetus-in-fetu: a case with complete umbilical cord and fetal sac. Pediatr Pathol 1994;14:411–419.
Phatak SV, Kalvadkar PK, Phatak MS: Fetus-in-fetu: a case report. Indian J Radiol Image 2003;13:93–94.
- Grosfeld JL, Stapita DS, Nance WE, Palmer CG: Fetus-in-fetu: unusual cause for abdominal mass in infancy. Ann Surg 1974;180:80–84.
- Chi JG, Lee YS, Park YS, Chang KY: Fetus-in-fetu: report of a case. Am J Clin Pathol 1984;82:115–119.
- Nicolini U, Dell ‘Agnola CA, Ferrazzi E, Motta G: Ultrasonic prenatal diagnosis of fetus in fetu. J Clin Ultrastruct 1983;11:321–322.
- Chua JHY, Chui CH, Prasad TRS, Jacobsen AS, Meenakshi A, Hwang WS: Fetus-in-fetu in the pelvis – report of a case and literature review. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2005;34:646–649.
Article / Publication Details
Copyright / Drug Dosage / DisclaimerCopyright: All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be translated into other languages, reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, microcopying, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher.
Drug Dosage: The authors and the publisher have exerted every effort to ensure that drug selection and dosage set forth in this text are in accord with current recommendations and practice at the time of publication. However, in view of ongoing research, changes in government regulations, and the constant flow of information relating to drug therapy and drug reactions, the reader is urged to check the package insert for each drug for any changes in indications and dosage and for added warnings and precautions. This is particularly important when the recommended agent is a new and/or infrequently employed drug.
Disclaimer: The statements, opinions and data contained in this publication are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of the publishers and the editor(s). The appearance of advertisements or/and product references in the publication is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval of the products or services advertised or of their effectiveness, quality or safety. The publisher and the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content or advertisements.